XTGlobal, Inc. in Plano, TX is seeking Business Intelligence (BI) Developers II to collect, analyze and understand business intelligence needs and translate them into technical requirements for various XTGlobal clients.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Understand, Translate and document business needs into technical requirements of Careington
- Participate in deep dive sessions with business and technical teams
- Understand the requirements, perform business analysis and requirement gathering
- Prepare project specification
- Prepare project estimates and milestones
Project Analysis and Design Development
- Work on Requirement analysis and design for Careington Application
- Prepares solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Make sure the designed application improves operations by conducting systems analysis; Recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Working on application enhancements for .NET Visual Studio 2013/2017 with SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, C#
- Analyzing and implementing database changes with SQL Server 2014/2016
- Refine Project Estimates based on design
Build, Develop and Implementation
- Maintaining and creating Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions (UDF), Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards
- Create SSIS Packages to extract the data from multiple sources like Excel, XML and OLTP and consolidate them into tables
- Using multiple SSIS transformations such as: Data Conversion, Derived Column, Conditional Splits and Validate data
- Creating Custom Visuals and made specialized reports for Power BI Dashboards that included Tiles, Visualization, Reports and Q&A capabilities
- Responsible for defining, designing implementation of Power BI Reports and Dashboards for our client;
- Optimizing existing data models including changing load scripts to load data in optimized way to achieve reduction of loading time, simplifying complex expressions and improving layout structure;
- Optimizing Stored Procedures and long running queries using indexing strategies and query-optimization techniques;
- Using T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, views, user-defined functions;
- Creating and maintaining Database Objects (Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions) in SQL;
- Using SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases;
- Developing SSIS packages using for each Loop in Control Flow to process all Flat Files within Folder, File System Task to move File into Archive after processing and executing SQL task to insert transaction Log Data into the SQL Table;
- Developing Business Logic using DAX to provide custom functionality in BI Applications
- Coordinating with DBA in creating and managing Tables, Indexes, Triggers, DB Links and Privileges;
- Design various SSRS Reports using Sub-Reports, Drill Down, Drill Through and Parameterized Reports as requested by the client and internal;
- Developing OLAP cubes by identifying Tables (Fact and Dimension), Data Source and Data Source Views, Attributes and Dimensions using SSAS;
- Supporting Database code releases to production.
Testing, Production Implementation and Production Support
- Creating unit test plan and unit test results application changes;
- Make sure all the requirement changes are implemented thoroughly
- Provide unit test results for QA Approval;
- Work with QA Team to fix QA defects;
- Make the required changes to SQL Database changes to fix the QA findings;
- Get the approval from Project Manager and business stake holders for production move;
- Validate the production changes and work with Business team members for production business validation;
- Working on production support to fix any production issues and user concerns.
This position does not supervise other personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology, or any related IT or Engineering field of study, plus at least three (3) years of experience in the job offered or in any related position(s).
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable skill, knowledge, experience and proficiency in the following:
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 10G & 11G, Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Putty, WINSCP, TOAD;
- C, C#, PL/SQL, ETL, JAVA, J2EE, .NET;
- Load Runner; Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX;
- Tableau, Cognos, Microsoft BI;
- MS Office, MS Access, MS Excel & Vision.
No travel or telecommuting. Position is project-based at various unanticipated work sites within the U.S., and relocation may be required at the end of each long-term project.
- Job Site: 2701 Dallas Parkway, Suite 550, Plano, TX 75093.
- No travel or telecommuting. Position is project-based at various unanticipated work sites within the U.S., and relocation may be required at the end of each long-term project.
- Mail Resumes To: HR, XTGlobal, Inc., 2701 Dallas Parkway, Suite 550, Plano, TX 75093.
- No calls or emails. EOE.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.